Obtain the total by group using Select() .... I think it's with select() :p

I have a table where all the records can be of type A(Wallet) or type B. (Mineros)

I need to be able to select a date and have it tell me the total of A and B so I can graph both.

It is clear to me that a select would be something similar to this, I think :

Select(Historical1[Ending Balance], AND ([Date] = [_THISROW].[Date], [tipowall] = โ€œWalletโ€ ,[tipowall]=โ€œMinerosโ€))

My big question is how do I differentiate the end-of-day balance for type A and type B?

This is the data table

Thank you very much for your support

Solved Solved
0 3 1,431
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much.

I created 2 virtual columns and in each of them I put a SUM expression, one for the miners and another for the portfolios, and later in other fields I took the result of these two virtual columns as you can see in the image

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Based on your description, please take a look at the below approach if it helps you. Please post back if you are looking for something else.

I believe your expression is technically correct but it is just that it will compute sum, after addition of SUM() function to your SELECT() expression, just that it will calculate it together for โ€œWalletโ€ and โ€œMinerosโ€.

I believe to calculate each individually , your expression can be something like below

For Wallet
SUM(SELECT(Historical1[Ending Balance], AND ([Date] = [_THISROW].[Date], [Tipowall] = โ€œWalletโ€ )))

For Mineros

SUM(SELECT(Historical1[Ending Balance], AND ([Date] = [_THISROW].[Date], [Tipowall] = โ€œMinerosโ€)))

The above expressions will add [Ending Balance] for each row for that particular date and for that particular type( Wallet or Mineros) . If [Ending Balance] itself calculated in different manner, meaning if it is adjuted for the entire day for all previous rows at each row, then expression will be different.

Thank you very much.

I created 2 virtual columns and in each of them I put a SUM expression, one for the miners and another for the portfolios, and later in other fields I took the result of these two virtual columns as you can see in the image

Thnak you for the update. Good to know it works the way you want.

Top Labels in this Space