OCR Text and EXTRACT

I’ve noticed that OCRTEXT function disables when you try to EXTRACT any type of data (prices, number etc…) from text field with initial value formula OCRTEXT. Did anyone encounter this as well?

0 8 1,681
8 REPLIES 8

@tony FYI

tony1
Participant V

Hi @Nekorn_Lammayot. Can you try creating a separate column that captures the OCRTEXT output (you can mark it as hidden) and then use the formula EXTRACT([The OCR Column], ...) instead?

My OCRTEXT ouput (with initial value OCTTEXT formulal) was already on a separate column. Thanks for looking into this bug.

Hi @tony Is this bug resolved?
I also want to use something like
SUBSTITUTE([OCRTEXT],". ",",")
But it gives no result.

tony1
Participant V

(This is a bug that we’re working on fixing.)

tony1
Participant V

Hi @Fabian, I’m trying to reproduce your bug but it seems to work fine to me. Can you tell me what I’m missing from this app? https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=OCRTEXTDemo-176618-20-03-12

Using this image in the app works for me:
2X_d_d6690d87de3563649058c4bc17135dc0eaec31a1.png

Sorry @tony my fault. I explained wrong. I want to do all the calculation in just ONE column.
In your sample App the column [Text] should have the expression:

SUBSTITUTE(OCRTEXT([Photo]), ". ", ",")

But this is not working.

Yes, this is a limitation of the OCR and OCTEXT functions, currently. They can’t be nested inside other formulas, so for now you’ll need to make your OCRTEXT formula in its own column, and then reference that column outside of it. We’re working on fixing this issue, but for now you’ll need to use that workaround.

Top Labels in this Space