OCRText() inplementation

Hello Everyone,

Playing around with OCR Text, could be very useful.

How Im planning to use it is the user will input a field what the correct in-print should be from the inline printer on the production line, they than need to take a snapshot of the item.
I then want to use OCRText() to see if the text extracted contains what the user inputted it should be.

Works very Well, it is extracting everything, just 1 problem.

User Puts that the in-print should be the following

December 12, 2021
Made in Canada

The above gets extracted from the image, but sometimes there are other items in between the 2 lines. Iโ€™m using contains.

What is the best way to see if the image contains all of the above words? Donโ€™t have to be in the exact order?

As long as the method works to validate any text, does not need to be in correct order. Just the words themselves.

Thanks,

0 3 276
3 REPLIES 3

tony1

Hi @Jonathan_S, could you use the CONTAINS function? Something like CONTAINS([Text Column], "December")

You could also extract dates using the EXTRACTDATES() function.

I tried the contains, thing is, OCR is picking up other text as well, So its all in there just not in the perfect order. So I just need to varifiy that the individual words have been printed. It is not always a date, and sometimes the customer wants date in brackets etc, so this wont work.

Any Ideas?

Top Labels in this Space