Office 365 Sign In My app allows sign in thro...

Office 365 Sign In My app allows sign in through any provider. It all work fine with just one anomaly. As Office 365 uses the Users email address to log in with a password the consequence is that both the USERNAME() and USEREMAIL() are the same.

This caused an issue with the reports that we then generate in the Access database that the data ends up in. Is the only way round this to create a userโ€™s table with their details in it and the use a lookup to get the user name rather than call the system function? Is there another system function that can retrieve the correct User Name from Office 365? Any suggestions welcome.

0 3 373
3 REPLIES 3

Iโ€™m afraid the USERNAME() is the only expression for that purpose. You can create an user table with two columnsโ€ฆ like โ€œEmailโ€ and โ€œNameโ€. Then you can call the user name with the formula LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),Users,Email,Name)

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks, yes as I thought.

However I have discovered a twist in this tale. The users that I thought were logged in using Smartsheet are in fact logged in using O365 and we are not having issues with their data.

The users that we are having data issues with, we thought were logged in using O365, but in fact they are not sure what they logged in with.

I need to look at this deeper and will let you know what happend.

I am releasing a new version of this on Monday ad want to limit to O365 sign in only.

This way we will know that all users are logging in using the same provider and if there are issues then they should all have the same issue which I can address as you described.

For now thanks.

Then you could choose only O365 as a provider.

Top Labels in this Space