Offline PDF Viewing Not Functioning

Hi everyone!
I am attemtping to view pdf documents offline in appsheet. I have them set up as a relative paths for viewing. They are viewed perfectly when online. The files are around 80KB each.

I have read and gone through the following article: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/953714-offline-sync-the-essentials

Here is my Sync and offline page:

Any help would be great!

Edit: Forgot to mention I am working with android devices.
Edit 2: I gave the devices each about an hour online with the devices connected to the internet. Alongside that, I opened each file while still online to download the file, then tried going offline and it still didnโ€™t work.

0 7 275
7 REPLIES 7

Hello?..

You havenโ€™t described your problem.

oh sorry, thought it was in the title and in the edit 2 section.
When I tried viewing the pdf files offline, they donโ€™t show up. They just say I need to be online to view the documents.

Bahbus

PDFs are not cached to the device. Even with those settings. If the PDF doesnโ€™t exist physically on the local device, it can not be viewable offline. And PDFs must be manually saved to the local device, I believe. I donโ€™t think there is a way to force download them, but maybe.

Bummer. If I save it do the device locally and know the file path, would I be able to access it inside of appsheet? (This may be a pain due to our high amount of devices, but it may be a necessity).

That, I do not know.

AFAIK, itโ€™s not possible to access local files. You can add a feature request if itโ€™s very important for you.

Top Labels in this Space