Offline use Launch app during the offline an...

Offline use

Launch app during the offline and add new data and edit existing data whatsoever. Reset all changes during the app is offline. Then app crash. Canโ€™t restart it unless user goes back online and restart app from beginning.

Any chance user continuously use the app during offline even after reset the data?

0 12 610
12 REPLIES 12

tony1

@tsuji_koichi What kind of crash are you seeing?

Hereโ€™s what Iโ€™m seeing: - Launch app - Turn on airplane mode - Add a row - Reset changes - Network connectivity error (press cancel) - My new row is still there - Turn off airplane mode - Sync - My new row is gone

@tony the error I see is quite straightforward, unable to start app and ask app creator.

As I mentioned, when I reset the changes, I m not able to restart app at all.

Hm, by move to another app I thought you meant through app gallery. Itโ€™s possible itโ€™s still the same problem though. Iโ€™ll try to confirm.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet In my case , app gallery is not get involved in the chain of process until app get crashed. Just open apps through I phone home page short cut.

tony1

@tsuji_koichi Is there an error message? I canโ€™t reproduce the issue.

@tony Hi Tony,

sorry for lack in my explanation.

There is one more step which cause a crash of app during offline use, i.e. after resettting changes and then move to anther Appsheet App, then return to the App to the original App. Then Unable to open.

Seemingly, by doing those steps, Appsheet cause a crash to cached data.

Could you follow those steps ?

• Launch app - Turn on airplane mode - Add a row - Reset changes - Network connectivity error (press cancel) - My new row is still there - Close this app by clicking home button. - Go to another Appsheet App, and just simply open/close this app without doing anything. - Back to the App in question. - Unable to open the App.

Once we reset app,

1. move to another Appsheet App, and play with/without it. 2) Return to original App

This causes a crash obviously to original App.

If we move to any other Apps which is not made by Appsheet, this wont be a case.

Your investigation is much appreciated.

tony1

@tsuji_koichi Thanks, I was able to reproduce it.

@tony hi do you think if it is a bug?

tony1

@tsuji_koichi According to @Adam_Stone_AppSheet, weโ€™ve got a fix for this issue coming out soon.

@tony Great news. Thanks for taking this issue up ! Hopefully I could get this one done soon.

@tsuji_koichi The timing is interesting. I found the same problem this week. As far as I know youโ€™re the first user to report it, but it appears to have been active for awhile. It mainly affects navigating into apps through AppGallery. While the fix is pending, I would recommend using homescreen shortcuts to directly start the target app rather than going through AppGallery when launching offline.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet Glad to heat I was first man who noticed it. Haha. My app is white labelled so not using App Gallery to launch, but always hitting short cut icon on the home screen. Hope fix will be coming soon.

Top Labels in this Space