Okay normally when I am working on my app whe...

Okay normally when I am working on my app when I click on the menu it shows my name and email in the top of the menu.

Today it is showing Justin A. Sample

Justin@sample.com

Why would it do that?? Who in the world is Justin A. Sample?

0 3 565
3 REPLIES 3

Whoa, you donโ€™t know Justin A. Sample??? Bahaha jk

โ€œJustin A Sampleโ€ is a fake account our system uses when a public sample app needs to show how user signin can influence behavior. In other words, when a public sample app requires user signin, the system will fake the user to be โ€œJustin A Sampleโ€ for the purpose of demonstrating the functionality of the app.

This is never supposed to show up outside of a public sample app.

Very occasionally (once or twice a month), we hear that someone has seen this outside of a public sample. We believe this is because they looked at a public sample, and somehow (a bug in our system), it got carried over to the next app. We still do not have an ability to reproduce this reliably so that we can debug it. If you run into this issue, log out of appsheet.com - The no-code app maker for Google Sheets, Excel, and more. Create mobile iPhone and Android apps for your business. Start for free and build powerful apps. and log in again. That should take care of it.

The no-code app maker for Google Sheets, Excel, and more. Create mobile iPhone and Android apps for your business. Start for free and build powerful apps. appsheet.com

Figured out how this was happening. A fix will be coming next week. Sorry for the confusion.

Top Labels in this Space