One Action/Workflow for multiple Tables? I wo...

(Steve Wood) #1

One Action/Workflow for multiple Tables? I would like to make one Print function to work for whichever form I am currently view, is this possible? Currently I have to make an Action to increment a Column and then a Workflow to create a PDF when that Column changes. This is two functions that I have to setup for every Form that I create (there will be about 200 in total.) Is there a way to do this once and get it to work on whichever View I am looking at?

(Reza Raoofi) #2

Hmm, it does not make sense to me; how do you expect a workflow to generate multiple PDF files that each are different, because their underlying Forms and tables have different column structure too; even if there was such a thing you would still have to create 200 template files for 200 PDF to be generated from!

(Steve Wood) #3

@RezaRaoofi You’re correct, due to the template settings, I will have to create a different Workflow for each. Bummer, but makes sense. Would be nice if I could at least reuse the same action (to increment the column number), but I doubt that is possible since they are different tables.

(Reza Raoofi) #4

Yea, you will just have to press Copy button, and if all tables have the same increment column name, you only need to change table name and save the copied action.