Only show when using a slice

Austin
Participant V

I want a handful of my virtual columns to only display when using a certain slice, do I have to use 2 slices with custom sets of columns or can I do this from my show if formula with only 1 slice?
(Would rather do it in show if should that be possible)

Solved Solved
1 8 876
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Participant V

A columnโ€™s Show_If isnโ€™t aware of the underlying slice, so youโ€™d have to base the expression on something else, like the view name (CONTEXT("View"))

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Participant V

A columnโ€™s Show_If isnโ€™t aware of the underlying slice, so youโ€™d have to base the expression on something else, like the view name (CONTEXT("View"))

Austin
Participant V

Unfortunate
CONTEXT(โ€œTABLEโ€) feature request

It already exists, but it returns the table, not the slice (when last I tested).

Austin
Participant V

Hmโ€ฆCONTEXT(โ€œSLICEโ€) doesnโ€™t make a ton of sense since there might not be a slice involved. Oh well, Iโ€™ll just deal with making sure my slice column list are correct.

Facundo
Participant II

Hi! Iโ€™m having the same problem and CONTEXT is not working with a slice.

How so? More details would be helpful.

Austin
Participant V

As stated there is no Context(โ€œSliceโ€) so you have to use a different methodology.

tittibar
Participant I

Hey Guys, i do have the same issue with Context(โ€œSliceโ€)

Is there any way to use actionbutton JUST on filteredview (SLICE) of the App?

I have two views:

• โ€œAll Ordersโ€
  • and โ€œAll open Ordersโ€
    at the moment and i would like to add Actionbutton just on the โ€œProductdetailpageโ€ i came from the Slice โ€œAll open Ordersโ€ to get back to it.

For The โ€œAll Ordersโ€ view it wasnยดt a big deal to get back from โ€œProductdetailpageโ€ to this Primaryview.
But for the Slice-Productview i have no idea how to get this done.
I tried everything, as well copied the Detailview to a seperate-view (โ€œOpen Order Detailviewโ€) which looks identical to the other Productview, just in case to have a seperate viewname, but this doenยดt helpedโ€ฆ

I tried following:
APP LINK TARGET:
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œAlle offenen Bestellungenโ€,[Status]=โ€œoffenโ€)

BEHAVIOR CONDITION:
CONTEXT(โ€œviewโ€)=โ€œAlle offenen Bestellungen_Detailโ€

for exampleโ€ฆ

Thank you very much!

Top Labels in this Space