Open file in a form view

I have an App where I need the user to reference a PDF file whilst in a form. Is this possible? From what I can see, even if I prepopulate the file column with a GDrive link, that only works once youโ€™ve saved the file. In the form, all you can do is edit the file link, as far as I can see.

0 17 458
  • UX
17 REPLIES 17

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Use a column of type Show and category of Url. Clicking on the link in the column will open it in a browser, leaving the form intact.

Sorry to be a further painโ€ฆ but I forgot to mention this App has to work offline

I donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s possible.

I am having this issue as well. I have a form and within the form questions there are policies the new hire needs to be able to open and reference. I added the policy as show and then URL but it only allows for editing and not opening the url. When I unselect editable, it wont show in the app even though I have show selected. What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps reread my comment. The answer is there.

That is not working. It will not show unless it is editable and it will not allow you to click a link as it wants you to enter a link as it is a form. I need it to be able to show and not be editable and keep the url as a clickable link. I donโ€™t think it can be done when doing a form.

You arenโ€™t using a column of type Show.

AWWW, I almost had it. I am so close. Your a genius.

Can you help me figure this out: It says this now:

Error

Something has gone wrong!

The URL was: /start/text%20value

App Template โ€˜text valueโ€™ not found.

Please contact our support team

Please post a screenshot of the configuration screen of the column, including at least the App formula setting and the Content setting.

And when I click the policy name it takes me to this page:

The app formula

Thank you for the screenshots. I would encourage you to find a way to include only the window or tab that contains the intended visual. Including your entire desktop is unnecessary, and may potentially include something youโ€™d rather not share. Unfortunately, I donโ€™ use Windows, so I canโ€™t advise on options there.

Please also post a screenshot of the entire Content expression of the Show-type column.

https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

That is smart advice. Thank you

Oh I can not thank you enough for putting up with me. Thank you!!!

Top Labels in this Space