Open pdf file when using relational database

Hello,

I have a problem with my apps,

I’am using Mysql as database, for storage using Db-Content and already sucess for connection.
I tried to upload an image from the application and it worked, the image can be seen from my application, but when i tried to upload pdf file, when opened it’s not worked…

upload image ( it worked )

upload pdf

need help…

0 6 597
6 REPLIES 6

If I remember right, MySQL tables don’t store images - so you’ve got another data store connected to your app where the images are being stored.

Check that the Default App Folder is correct…

…and the folder pathway for the file column is set as well:

This is all groudwork type of troubleshooting…

If these don’t solve the problem I would reach out to Support@appsheet.com

Helo MultiTech,

Thank you for your help…

Yes, Mysql database only save image as string/base64 at database. Db type column varchar ( longtext). But i found some article about

So…for the example you gave, does the database use MySql?

Thank You

No that was from a standard Google sheet backed app, but the principle is the same.

It looks like your problem is that your MySQL table is actually the store for your images, and you’re trying to store a PDF instead.

It should make sense then that an PDF cannot be stored inside an image column… yes?

Oh…i see, with google-sheet we have no problem, before i’am using db from google-sheet, However, in the future Google Sheet has limitations as a database.
So, now I try a trial using mysql, and if it works for configuring everything, I don’t have to worry anymore about storage limitations.

It looks like your problem is that your MySQL table is actually the store for your images, and you’re trying to store a PDF instead.
→ No, it different column, there is 2 column on my appsheet with format Image & file because the appsheet generate image as string/base64, so in mysql databse colum type as LONGTEXT.

Hi - I’m running into the same issue when trying to store PDF’s. Were you able to solve for this?

Hmmm, I’m not sure how to fix this then. I would reach out to support

Top Labels in this Space