Option to get the bulk rows action enabled for list views

For the list type views, such as table, deck, gallery, card etc, we need to hit the check box appaering at the upper right corner to enable the selection of the rows the users wish to apply the actions to apply them.

This is no doubt useful and powerful features, but only for the users who are well understand how the Appsheet app is going to work out. Unfortunately, the current UX and UI is not intuitive enough. Some may say and claim on me, that we need to educate and coach the users properly how to effect the action to apply to the selected row in bulk, but I m assuming the users of appsheet is not really understand deeply how to do in order to do what they want to do while they are nagivating througout the app without much of coaching to them. On the first day they get onboard appsheet app, ideally they are proficient to control app with the well guided and/or intuitive UXs.

I m yet concluded for my own idea and solutions to make the appsheet users life much more easier to enjoy all the available features we built up into our apps. However, without hitting the check box which enable the selection of row to apply the action to the selected rows in bulk, we could skip it up. In another words, once they jump onto those list type view, then we app creator could have option to “enable” bulk selection of the rows without interaction by App users to hit the check box action icon at the right upper corner.
Furthermore, once the row (s) are selected at the end, then more user friendly interface is awaited to guide the user well, which and what sort of “Action” avaialble for them to apply to their selected rows.

For me with years and years experiences with Appsheet and its App, I can move and play around with Appsheet App without any coaching, even closing my eyes.

But basic assumption for this type of discussion is “How appsheet app can be more intuitive for anyone who get onboard JUST NOW.” In that sense, there are load of rooms for Appsheet to review the current UIs and interface to make the app far more intuitive.

Backing into the subject of this post, Applying action(s) to the selected rows in bulk, could be more easy to get it done. Enabling the selectiong of the action upon opening the view as well as giving list of options available for them after selection could be reviewed overall.

Currently UX to apply action in bulk could be based on the assumption that Appsheet as a tool as platform to build “Mobile Apps”, but now Appsheet is in the stages to be confortable for both desktop and mobile apps.

There should be room for improvement for sure, in my humble opinion.

Status Open
0 1 124