Options to zip files (attachments) for email templates

This feature request should be quite self-explanatory, so my words are quite short.

Need option to set the attachment to the email (workflow) to zip all the attachments. Sometimes, my pdf attachment contains bunch of image files, and the size of the file get significant. Then the email server rejects to deliver behind the scene.

By zipping files, we are able to increase the max allowable size of the attachments to single email.

Hope this makes sense and bring benefit to all the users of appsheet.

Status Open
1 3 439
3 Comments
Fabian_Weller
Participant V

@tsuji_koichi There is a size limit imposed by the PDF conversion service. 20MB I believe. When you have to send a large PDF, you better work with Attachment Archiving. In the E-Mail Body you can use <<_ATTACHMENTFILE_WEB_LINK>> to create a Link to the PDF file. (Hyperlink to the email attachment. The attachment name is displayed as the link text.)

Koichi_Tsuji
Participant V

Hi @Fabian,

You are absolutely correct!

Problem is some demanding customer is asking to get the PDF attachment all the time. As the data / file size increase, the risk of issue (undelivery of email due to size limitation) naturally increase as well. Explaining to them this is trade-off, but they want to get PDF on email.

When i put the URL link on email template where the PDF attachment is appended to, then it is possible the user unable to get email where they can find the url link as the email is rejected due to the size of attachment. Hence, i will run the two separate workflow, one for PDF attachment, and else for url links. When the system fails to deliver the email due to size, still they can get another email to access to PDF through the url link.

Koichi

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager