Order Capture app: problem with displaying detail in PDF

Unik_A
Participant I

Hi

I have created a word template in a workflow action to send an email with the PDF attachment when there is a new order.

The table is supposed to display product photo, qty ordered and total price
However Iโ€™m having problems with displaying the details in the table

Sorry for the different language but this is how I set it up in the word template!

My word template

Email received

0 6 282
6 REPLIES 6

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Unik_A
Does setting your column widths in the table setup help?

Hi Lynn

Did you mean setting up the column width in the word template? Iโ€™m not sure how to set that up. Would you mind showing me?

My image is scaled to 600x600 pixels as advised in the Appsheet guideline.

Thanks in advance.

Unik_A
Participant I

Update:

I found out the reason why the data was not displayed but unsure of how to fix it.

My app is based on the Order Capture app and you add the Order Detail through this Detail Inline part.
The email was set to sent before this part is synced completely. Iโ€™m unsure of how to delay the timing to make sure everything is sent before the workflow is triggered

What exactly is the problem?
What is being output?

I donโ€™t believe this is the problem here. โ€œSyncโ€ just means to send the newly-entered data to the spreadsheet, and subsequently retrieve any updated data from the spreadsheet from other users. The newly-entered data is in your instance of the app whether you sync or not, and a workflow triggered will have access to it.

Hi Marc

The email was supposed to have all the info as this photo

But whenever I enter a new order, the email will be sent like this. I have to go into appsheet to run test workflow again to get the correct invoice.
3X_3_e_3e08eb1c606b657b7bd90e2db934c1b40edf670b.png

@Unik_A This is happening because the Parent record is saved before all child records. You should have an additional column for example DateTime and then create an action to your Parent table. That action will write NOW() to your parentโ€™s record and if you set that as an Event action on Parent_Form view, it will be triggered after all child records are saved.

Then you need to trigger the Workflow as โ€œUpdates_Onlyโ€ with the condition rule AND(ISNOTBLANK([DateTime]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[DateTime]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[DateTime])

Top Labels in this Space