Order of operation, loading a form and show if expression?

I have a Deck View I call Launcher. It gets data from a table based on a value from my Users table. That all works perfectly.

I have one item that I do NOT want to show to a certain user (PI_NO=8, but do want to show it to PI_NO=1-7 and 9.

I tried adding the following SHOW IF
IF(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), โ€œUsersโ€, โ€œUSER_EMAILโ€, "PI_NOโ€)=8,FALSE,TRUE)

Could it be because the the SHOW IF is being evaluated BEFORE the control from table is being read?

Thanks for any ideas.

0 7 284
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A viewโ€™s Show if only affects the viewโ€™s inclusion in the main menu or navigation bar along the bottom of the screen; it does not prevent the user from viewing the view content if the user gets to it by other means (e.g., navigation action, or direct URL).

When you say, โ€œI have one item that I do NOT want to showโ€, what โ€œitemโ€ are you referring to?

In this case, I donโ€™t want the last form (#control=Submit_Encouragment) to show for a certain class of users. In this table, PI_NO=0 means to show for ALL users, regardless of their actual PI_NO. I want to keep this particular form from showing to PI_NO=8.

You donโ€™t want the action button that navigates to the form to appear? To show or hide an action button, use the actionโ€™s Only if this condition is true expression.

That makes sense, but I donโ€™t want the line item to even display. So even if I modified the Only If the condition, that would just keep it from doing anything when clicked, correct?

The action is used for each row in my table. This is what the launcher deck view looks like:

This is the Row Selected action.
2X_2_27bdf79a257b4b33d7c528949c7f4c6fcaedad16.png

This is my action.

So Iโ€™d have to limit the action to NOT RUN, JUST for that single form under the PI_NO=8 condition. Is that correct? I canโ€™t somehow attach it to the form view I donโ€™t want shown?

Will it be possible for using a slice for that โ€œrowโ€ launcher no?

@Heru Brilliant idea! Iโ€™ll give it a try.

Hmmm, not really. Better to review this first before decide to go that path. See โ€œCan slices be used instead of a security filter?โ€

Top Labels in this Space