ORDERBY() Expression

Hi I am getting an ‘ORDERBY has invalid inputs’ error for the following expression.

ORDERBY(SELECT(Product_Master_File[Style / Length], AND([Product Range] = [_THISROW].[Product Range],[Treatment]=[_THISROW].[Treatment])),[Product Code])

I tried to base it of one of the samples on the expression help page but still getting an error.

Could anyone advise?

Thank you.

0 4 306
4 REPLIES 4

Common mistake the appsheet creator faces with orderby expression is we need to get the ID of the list to get it done.

For instance

ORDERBY(SELECT(Product_Master_File[Style / Length], AND([Product Range] = [_THISROW].[Product Range],[Treatment]=[_THISROW].[Treatment])),[Product Code])

in your expression, I suspect [Style / Length] is not ID / Key field for Product_Master_File table. Change it onto the key field of that table.

Should work.

Many thanks @tsuji_koichi

Hi @MauriceWhelan,

AppSheet is very generous with table names, column names, slices, views names we app creators assign and typically accepts most variations.

However I may also request you to typically avoid as much as possible certain special characters such as slashes , astericks etc. in naming columns , tables etc. beacuse those could have different use in a computer system. For example “/” is used with folder paths.

Not a direct topic here, but I perfectly agree.

Apply camel case or combine characters with underscore etc.

Top Labels in this Space