Ordering data for charts

Romain

Hi!
I use a form to collect data which are then transcribed in chart. The X axis of the chart is the date
The problem is if a user enters data in a non-chronological order, the chart restricts non-chronological curves as well.
For example if he enters a data for 08/27/2019 then for 08/26/2019, this second data is after the first which is not correct.
There is the ORDERBY(Key, [Date], โ€ฆ) function but I do not see where to use it.
Can you help me on the subject

0 6 1,582
6 REPLIES 6

Hmmโ€ฆ after looking into this Iโ€™ve found thereโ€™s no way to alter the order of things in a chart, short of reordering the actual data.

AppSheet would need to implement a sort column for the charts to make this work; unless thereโ€™s another way of ordering a table that Iโ€™m unaware of.

@Adam will know more for sure.

We actually just added an option to choose a sort column for line charts, you should see it now in the chart view settings for supported chart types.

@Adam @MultiTech_Visions
Thanks for improvments ! Thatโ€™s perfect!

Mike_T

Any solution to sort histogram charts by a value instead of alphabetical by columns?

Hi, try a virtuel column with this a formula like this:
Text([Field], โ€œFormating ruleโ€)
And have this column as the chart column.

Also histogram charts do not take into account enum column type. I added Month column to my data table as Enum. And set enum values to โ€œJanuaryโ€, โ€œFebruaryโ€, โ€œMarchโ€โ€ฆ Table view with group by month sorts data as specified by Enum. But histogram chart does not use order of Enum values for sorting.

Top Labels in this Space