Organized menu list

My app is becoming rather extensive with the menu when you open it. It looks very unorganized and would be helpful if we were to able to put dividers or headers in the menu.

2X_c_c0dc519167b1e311ee8c6145665c480ac57dfbfc.png

Status Open
7 23 1,343
23 Comments
Aleksi
Staff

When you have lot of views in your app, have you thought to use your own main menu page?

Eric_Bourne

Do you have an example of this?

Austin
Gold 1
Gold 1

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/An-app-launcher-for-other-AppSheet-apps?appGuidString=5dd72ebf-2533...
This applauncher is a very similar concept except with taking users to different apps. You can just keep the link to view within your current app.

Jonathan_S

You have my Vote, as long as you are talking about sub menus, Maybe edit the request to include this. This would be useful.

Eric_Bourne

This could help, but I would still want to be able to organize visually the menu on the left. Either having sub menus, dividers, headers, spaces. Anything would help really.

Austin
Gold 1
Gold 1

I think since the functionality is available elsewhere this wouldn’t be likely implemented. I think keeping the menus simple is the best course and maybe even limit your menu views based on the current view that your user is looking at to help clean it up a bit.

Aleksi
Staff

Something like this…

Jonathan_S

Is this possible in the Menu though?

Eric_Bourne

Even if we could have the ability to add just a horizontal line as a divider I think it would help a lot of users stay organized.

Eric_Bourne

Would I be able to change the primary views based on what is selected?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not based on what is selected, but they can be sensitive to context using the Show if property.

Bahbus

In general, I concur that this feature would go a long way in:
A) further refining the professionalism of AppSheet.
2) prevent the creation of unnecessary extra tables

Jonathan_S

All those In Favor?

Jonathan_S

Me

Sentra_Ventures

I agree fully. customizable Menu would e very helpful