Organizing Data into Report Templates

TE21
Participant II

I just realized about the Template If Expressions so that is incredibly helpful. However, I am no expert. I have some data that when entered needs to be organized into a report based on quantity, age, and test dates. Each item gets logged into a form with the type of item, quantity, age, and test date. The โ€œTest Dateโ€ is auto generated based on the login date. The Test Date columns are labeled as [1-day date], [2-day date], [3-day date], etc. The Quantities are labeled as [Qty-1d], [Qty-2d], [Qty-3d]

[Item1] has (x) samples that gets logged in and needs to be tested on the following days:
(Quantity) Test-Day - (2) 1-day, (1) 3-day, (1) 5-day. (1) 10-day, (2) 14-day

Item2 has (x) amount that gets logged in and needs to be tested on these days:
(Quantity) Test-Day - (1) 2-day, (1) 6-day, (3) 12-day, and (1) 20-day

3X_f_3_f3775f19df8f87ff785524904b88f4ce2919b8de.jpeg

The image is a section of my report where the items are displayed. As you can see I have 10 rows on my report. Because every item has different quantities and different test dates how would I organize it so that it could automatically start at row A based on test dates and that each item would be listed on a row.

[Item1] would be formatted like this:
3X_1_7_17e9f590a8dee9d77f45aced613aaeae30bffe76.jpeg

[Item2] would be formatted like this:
3X_b_e_be275f09c1aea7aa54212aa5f20005c41deac4a0.jpeg

How would I format this in my document so that based on the information it gets formatted correctly?

Any help is much appreciated!

0 4 184
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Participant V

It appears you want your data sorted by Age, days and/or Test Date. For that, youโ€™d want ORDERBY().

That you appear to have fixed Item values could make this difficult.

See also:

Thank you for this info! Iโ€™ll do some more reading and playing around. You are correct, for someone like me, difficult is a good choice word, lol.

Iโ€™ve gotten it to land on a row. meaning row a is for 1-day, row b is for 2-day and so forth. It becomes difficult when there is more than 1 of an item to separate that value. Guess I could make the form a little more detailed is probably the best option. I was trying to keep the form simple, but it is what it is. I appreciate your help! Youโ€™re always so quick to reply!

Currently my template adds the items like the one below in Template1, could I call a workflow or automation task to grab the items and put them in order like Template2?

[Template1]
3X_b_2_b2cce4cc4394f8a564717a0f3f5b6ed88c0d9cd0.jpeg
โ€™

Template2
3X_b_e_be275f09c1aea7aa54212aa5f20005c41deac4a0.jpeg

I donโ€™t know. Your use of fixed values in the Item column makes no sense to me. Since I donโ€™t really understand what youโ€™re trying to accomplish with the fixed values, I canโ€™t offer any suggestions.

Top Labels in this Space