Overlay buttons are all dark blue

NinaDCS
Participant II

The overlay buttons used to match the app colors chosen under “brand”. Now all of them are dark blue no matter what color I’ve chosen. It looks awful and it seems there is no way to change it. Anyone else seeing this in their apps? When I contacted support it sounds like it was intentional.

Solved Solved
4 19 587
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NinaDCS
Participant II

Just received this email from support “Hi, thanks for reporting it. This was an unintended side effect of a change that has now been rolled back, so the buttons should again respect the theme color. If the problem persists please let us know.”

I just checked and my apps are back to normal!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Same error

3X_f_0_f088b8bf710f25f80ae019d145455bd55fa6bcf1.png

3X_0_7_07af6458c3e9be3a71cf65daebbd516d9e877156.png

I just checked my apps and the same change just happened.

3X_1_8_18aabafec8b1a8f302d79e7ec81772e069abcb32.png

3X_0_2_02fdd936d63847c10ad3d2e8e5982a77df85b8a4.png

Steve
Participant V

Escalated (x3)

Thanks Steve.

Btw @Cesar_Hernandez

3X_5_1_5127586a96953e9882251d29d71250b2a3747801.jpeg

Jajaja me hiciste el día!

Rifad
Participant V

Same Issues here! Also overlay buttons half invisible.

Lynn
Participant V

Same here also search box is dark blue and impossible to see.

I noticed this today too. Actually, I took the screenshot on the left to report an unrelated bug: Sometimes on my iPhone, when I use the background sync function the red line fails to disappear, even if I tap on the sync icon and wait for the sync to finish. When I took the screenshot on the left my plan was to close the app and reboot it to get the red line to go away. That’s when I noticed the color change (middle screenshot). I prefer the old color but I find it to be particularly objectionable in the third screenshot where the inconsistency of the color scheme is most obvious.

By the way, even if the entire color scheme were to be adjusted so that everything had the new dark blue color, that would be a problem for me because I made my own “branding” images that use the same (old) color. I would prefer not to have to redo them. I think the old color is fine and that, in a case like this, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

About the possibility of changes to everything being the new dark blue, I’m with you. In some of my apps, the app icons I’ve made in photoshop all follow the color scheme I’ve chosen for the app. You can see that in my screenshot too. I’m really hoping this is temporary and just needs to be fixed. I love AppSheet, but if removing custom colors is a permanent change I’ll be quite disappointed as it takes away from the appeal of designing our apps.

Pointer
Participant V

I have this problem, when will it be fixed?

Scott_Hall
Participant V

Same blue buttons here too.

Yep, same thing with my apps. I’m assuming/hoping this is a bug related to a rollout to be able to format the color of overlay actions because that would be amazing and very Material design.

I had the same thought! I know it’s been requested a lot so that would be nice!

Agreed, this looks awful! I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Facing the same issue in all my apps.

I have the same problem. How can I fix it?
Thanks

NinaDCS
Participant II

Just received this email from support “Hi, thanks for reporting it. This was an unintended side effect of a change that has now been rolled back, so the buttons should again respect the theme color. If the problem persists please let us know.”

I just checked and my apps are back to normal!

Thank you very much for the quick turnaround

Lynn
Participant V

My buttons are back to yellow but the plus sign is dropping out of the circle and the search box is still dark blue.

Top Labels in this Space