Part List or Bill of Material

Is there a sample app that I can study to learn about a method to create part lists?
There may be many levels of part list nesting. The part number would be unique, but may have many uses.

Part list 001 (has the following parts)
Part 010
Part 011
Part 012

Part List 002 (has the following parts)
Part list 001
Part 013
Part 014
Part 015

Ideally the user would be able to build these part lists as required once part data has been entered and saved.

0 3 918
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Mark_Kaltenborn Have a look at the โ€œOrder Captureโ€ sample app it may help you get started.

I think you should create each child part in the items master list. Create another BOM table. Reference BOM Table first column to item master you create. When you create child parts for each master Item we are dereferencing parts from the same master list. Consider your item with 10 parts. Add 10 parts inside your item. So 1 item includes 10 parts. When you create a work order, you can write as 0.5 or 0.7, etc. so instead of full item, it will take only partially. Thankyou.

I just created one, need to make a data base for each one of the list, example - BOM_BD - Parent_BD - Child_BD - Rawmaterial_BD and call one inside the other, till u get the BOM ---> remember the Key data is to have just on row to the Main ID, so u can create as many columns as u need, would it be as long as u logic says... as far as I know it does not work with excel Pivot Table logic just main datas and vlookX

Top Labels in this Space