Passing values between views (a la wizard)

So I have a grandparent, parent and child table. And in a dashboard view, I can have the user select the grandparent, then the choose the parent and then see the children. However, Iโ€™d like instead to create a wizard like UX so that the user selects the grandparent in a view and then goes to the parent view based on the grandparent select and then when they select the parent, they can navigate to a view of children. I just donโ€™t know how to pass the values between the forms to create this wizard. Any help is much appreciated.

1 3 231
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Are you using an interactive dashboard?

I can definitely get this to work using the interactive dashboard, but my question is trying to get to work like a wizard UX. Let me give you my example: I want the use to select a genre of movies (grandparent)โ€ฆletโ€™s say comediesโ€ฆthen after selecting comedies they hit NEXT and select a type of comedy (parent)โ€ฆletโ€™s say romantic comediesโ€ฆand then they hit NEXT and select a movie (child) that is a romantic comedyโ€ฆletโ€™s say PRINCESS BRIDE. However, the big thing is I want this to be ONE way (genre) that they can add PRINCESS BRIDE to another tableโ€ฆwhich is their favorite movies. So ultimately, the goal is to have this be ONE way a person could try to filter titles to then add them to a list of favorite movie titlesโ€ฆitโ€™s not the only way though. But I want to walk them step by step. I currently have a table that stores title (ref to title table), genre (ref to lookup genre table) and subgenre (ref to lookup subgenre table which has a reference to genre in it). So in this table you could find one title with many subgenres or genres and, of course, one genre/subgenre with many titles. And then I have a table of a personโ€™s favorite titles.

Appsheet doesnโ€™t do passing variables between views, gotta add rows to some holding table and use that.

Top Labels in this Space