PDF file access issue

I can upload a file. When I attempt to access the uploaded file on my tablet and phone I receive an message that reads:

“Error accessing PDF. The PDF was downloaded, but can’t be accessed. Please try again.”

When I attempted to access the file on my laptop I get a message that reads: “Blocked Plug-in”.

Is there a file access/download issue happening? I can access JPEG files. I can’t access PDF.

1 20 590
20 REPLIES 20

Is the PDF by chance locked by password?

Not that I set or can tell. I downloaded the PDF from my Google Drive.

Is it one generated from AppSheet?

No. I created the document and attached manually.

Ok, so I assume you are certain then that the file is in PDF format?

Were you able to access it on any device successfully? What about outside of AppSheet? if you were to just download the file to your PC directly, can you open the file then?

Yes I am certain.
Through AppSheet, I was not able to access the PDF on any device.
Yes, I am able to open the PDF outside of AppSheet.
Yes, when I download the PDF to my PC and phone I can open the file.

Hmm, not sure what the issue might be. The error implies that the app WAS able to find the file and download it.

But just in case the error is misleading, I would double check all the low level details to make sure the pathing is all set correctly.

• Is the column type File?
  • Is the File path in the column, if any, set based on the root location of the sheet? (I assume you’re using a sheet as a datasource)
  • Is the file path in the sheet reflecting correctly from the File column?

If those are a strike-out then I would contact support.

• Is the column type File? Yes
  • Is the File path in the column, if any, set based on the root location of the sheet? (I assume you’re using a sheet as a datasource) Blank
  • Is the file path in the sheet reflecting correctly from the File column? “file path in the sheet”?

Just to round this out…what is the physical full folder location of:

• Your sheet used by the app? e.g. “appsheet/data/…”
  • The PDF file? e.g. “appsheet/data/…”

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

From a developer in an internal conversation about this problem:

A recent bug causes this error to appear when trying to open a PDF in apps with offline storage. I’m working on a fix, but until it is released turning offline caching off should resolve the problem

Attn @Gil

Thanks.

@enandoh0 this issue is already fixed in version v14.9. Please make sure you have the latest update from the playstore and try again.
Let me know if you’re still seeing any problems with the update.

Updating resolved the issue on my phone. Thanks.

@Gil

I am now encountering the PDF issue on my Mac. I am using Safari. I updated to the latest version of Big Sur. I have combed thru my Preferences and allowed everything AppSheet yet I am still encountering a “blocked plug-in” message.

I have no PDF issue using Chrome. PDF opens as expected.

This may be an error on my side but I don’t know how to resolve it. I have scoured the internet on how to potentially correct this to no success.

Hi @enandoh0, sorry for the delayed response.
I’m able to reproduce this on my app, so the problems is not on your end.
Did this used to work for you before in Safari?

@Gil This was my first time encountering this issue. I never used the feature in Safari before now.

Thanks @enandoh0,
We’re looking into it and will post here when the issue is resolved.

Hi, any luck here?

Top Labels in this Space