PDF not sent

Hi everyone,

I have a very very very simpel workflow where a email should be sent to me with a PDF. In this pdf the word “Hello” should be in it, just to see it the workflow can send me a pdf.

The workflows can send me any kind attachment, (csv, xml, json, …) except pdf. As soon as I change the attachment type in pdf no mail is coming in. For everything else it works.

Now Customer support is also not helping despite a pro plan.

Anybody suggestions what can be wrong? I already changed a different channel type and also does not work for me .

Thx. Robert

Solved Solved
0 41 584
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TDhers

Hi All,
Our servers are now back with Fridays’ build.
Things should be working as of Friday night again as a result.
Can I ask everyone to confirm whether you are able to trigger your workflows with PDF attachment again?
Thank you
Thierry

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

It’s possible the AppSheet offices are closed today for a holiday.

How are you generating the PDF attachment? Do you have a template file? If so, where is this template file stored or what type of file is it?

EDITED: Also, you might look in the Log file to see if any errors are being reported

Yes, I created a template by using the “create” functionality. To reduce determine the error causes, I just wrote the “Hello World” as plain text in the template to see if the pdf is generated.

Whatever I do, get all the type of attachments (xml, json, etc), except the pdf format.

Thx, Robert

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

I tried to get it solved for more then 3 days now with support@. Thx anyway, I will close this ticket not to bother anyone anymore.

Have you checked the log file for errors?

I have been testing and thought I had re-created it. But I am getting sporadic behavior. I have been able to generate and send a test email similar to how you have described. Though, sometimes the email takes over 10 minutes to arrive.

It might help if you could share more details (screenshots) of how you have the Workflow setup, what kind of template you are using etc.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Got from support the following reply:

– I think the issue is not with Appsheet but with email service provider, at least I heard that our engineers are discussing with email provider team the details of the attachments loss. Anyway, thanks for the additional details.

keep you posted.

Ahhh. Have you tried changing the Via channel setting to the other option?

3X_9_8_98905ad2ca6b937c7892a81d3fda7dc03ae0c0f5.png

yes, I did 😕

Just so that our understanding is accurate, you see issues with sending attachments using either System Default or System Mandrill. Is that accurate?

The only issue I see is that I do not receive pdf files, any other attachment-type I receive with the same template.

Mandrill System = I receive any attachment-type except pdf
Default System = I receive any attachment-type excep pdf

I even receive an OK when I test the workflow:
3X_4_5_45e3d21b47f1495d95014082685f19b2343c5a76.png

Is it possible your email provider is stripping PDF attachments?

Have you tried configuring the workflow to also archive a copy the the PDF?

3X_7_6_76036874cadd6fe06c9b14eb80d1d663c7fd9a43.png

Interesting is that the file-type PDF is not generated:

So even the archive file isn’t being created. That suggests the PDF file isn’t being created at all, and that this isn’t a mail problem.

Please post a screenshot of your template file.

and the result as HTML for example:

Please provide:

1. Your numeric account id
  2. The app name
  3. The workflow rule name

@Robert : In the intercom, you were saying that the difference here is that you are not trying to generate the PDF but rather you are trying to send an existing PDF as an attachment right? Just wanted to confirm.

No, you are mixing things up. I said that I have also another workflow where I can send pdf files, but these are existing (static) pdf files, because you asked me this:

“Were you able to send any emails with attachments before where you received the attachments and suddenly you started seeing this issue?”

In this workflow I want to send a customer a pdf (dynamic) of his gym-results.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Hi Robert,

We have found and fixed the problem.
If testing goes well, the change should be released on Wednesday Jan 20, 2021 in the afternoon Seattle time.
Thanks for reporting the problem.
Sorry for the inconvenience it caused you.

Hi Phil,

I have tested it and there is still no pdf. I changed the format to JSON then it worked with JSON. I also tried both Systems with no success.
BR. - Robert

I tested it on my deployed NHTC-360 app. Or did you fixed the issue on an other system?
BR. - robert

Hi Robert,
The change had to go through the build and test process.
It has not yet been deployed.
If testing goes well, the change should be released on Wednesday Jan 20, 2021 in the afternoon Seattle time.

Phil

Thank you everyone (Appsheet & Community) - The Change/Patch has been tested successfully now!
Many thanks!!

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the update.
Glad to hear that it is working again.
Sorry we broke it.

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your effort and explanation.

Best regards,
Robert

Team,

I have just been working with Support for the last couple of hours and had exactly the same issue.

For about 1 hour earlier tonight it would not ‘send a PDF’ looking at the Audit Logs there was ‘success’. We had not changed anything on the templates for more than a week. About 2 hours ago it started to work again. Is this intermittent ? thank you. It is working at the moment but not confident that it will be for daily reports tomorrow Australian time. Updates would be great.

Hello,

Similar issue here, many email workflows with pdf attachments doesn’t arrive at recipients. I’ve been trying all I could think if for the last two hours, it impacts our business processes.

Everything was working fine 12 hours ago.
Everything shows up as succes in logs
Attachment doesn’t save in google drive either
Email receipients tested with GSuite emails , and free gmails
Tested with default and with mandrill
In the past I did not apply for the new pdf generating updates.

I do see that “large payload” in logs, I don’t know if it’s a display resume or it means something. I can not manually execute tasks for those large payloads.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you.

Update : same workflow , modified with no body or attachment template, doesn’t send email ( one time it did, 30 mins later-gsuite and gmail emails). Same workflow,with autocreated templates, same issue , even after eliminating tables from templates.

Strange is , that a report with table template (older one) , works just fine

Thanks. I did not write them so far, because I saw it’s a general issue, not a specific one to my app, so i was expecting a public solution

Hi
The same problem, I already wrote to tech support.

Hi all. We have identified the issue and we are investigating at this moment what the reason could be. We will ping you when we have found the root cause.

Aleksi

Thank you. In my case, I started to receive workflow emails from my tests done 0,5-1 hour ago , but only the ones with no attachments.

Mine works randomly.
From 10 records, missed one and when I retried it worked and then again, none worked.

Sent an email to support.

TDhers

HI All, Thierry from Appsheet here.
We are aware of the issue, though not sure why yet.
It seems it is restricted to only workflow with PDF attachement.
We are not sure why that triggered this morning and will be continuing our investigation until we find out.
For now we are reverting the build to Friday’s state (it’s in progress) in the hope it puts the service in a working state again for you all.
Once that is complete, I’d love your help to confirm that all your workflows are triggering again with no other side effect.
We will keep investigating through the day and will keep you updated as we find root cause, solution and remedy to strengthen the service and avoid this situation again.

Thierry
We

TDhers

Hi All,
Our servers are now back with Fridays’ build.
Things should be working as of Friday night again as a result.
Can I ask everyone to confirm whether you are able to trigger your workflows with PDF attachment again?
Thank you
Thierry

My PDF’s can be sent using the test functionality.

works

Top Labels in this Space