Per-row show_if

For a table add a show_if expression for an entire row. This show_if expression’s effect would be used (at least) in a table view. The feature could be implemented as an expression available in the table itself like the column show_ifs or in the view as a “row show_if”.

My use case:
I have 1 table with 2 slices. Each slice has 1 primary view and 2 Ref Views.
The two slices’ row filters differ by a single boolean.
It would reduce maintenance to have 1 slice and let the per-row show_if handle the boolean difference.

I can imagine that there would be other use cases that could benefit from this feature

Status Open
1 7 161
7 Comments
LeventK
Silver 5
Silver 5

You can create a Virtual Column in your table to return a boolean value for each row as per expression and then create a slice as per that Virtual column

Stephen_Ehmann
Silver 1
Silver 1

I already have 2 slices based on a boolean virtual column like my post says. Please take a second look, I have things working, this is a question about having fewer slices if possible.

LeventK
Silver 5
Silver 5

@Stephen_Ehmann
I haven’t understood that the boolean is a VC from your post, though that as a physical column in the back-end. In my understanding, data filtering is a row level action, can’t be a table level action.

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

But… slices are the exact mechanism for filtering rows and data.

There is also security filters…

Stephen_Ehmann
Silver 1
Silver 1

thanks for your replies, please keep in mind that I am not asking for help to get something working but rather I’m asking for a new feature to improve things.

LeventK
Silver 5
Silver 5

@Stephen_Ehmann
We did understood that, no worries as the tag of your post already implies.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager