Im trying to speed up a very slow app where sync times can sometimes exceed a minute. So I tested the App in various ways to try and see if there was any difference. What I found was that the Delta Sync option makes a MASSIVE difference. With sync times for an already open app being typically only about 20% of the sync time when opening an app from scratch. But thats not the issue i’m reporting.
So after doing this I went into the Performance profile to find the slowest and then drill down to see what I could find. I didn’t get that far. What I think I’ve found is that the manually timed syncs I did and the figures quoted by Performance Profile are VERY different. Performance Profile is reporting sync times at about 20%-25% of what they actually took.
Ignore the hour difference, that due to British Summer Time
|Manually Timed||Performance Profile|
|1333 sync via definition = 14.86s||8/14/2021 12:33:42 PM 3.088s|
|1337 sync via browser (new tab) = 1:02.5||8/14/2021 12:37:16 PM 22.933|
|1340 sync via browser (already open) = 12.74s||8/14/2021 12:40:28 PM 3.220|
|1341 sync via browser (already open) = 13.5s||8/14/2021 12:41:32 PM 3.071|
|1343 sync via phone (App closed, 4G) = 1:22.8 (about 9 secs loading)||missing|
|1346 sync via phone (App closed, Wifi) = 36.8s (about 10 secs loading)||8/14/2021 12:47:05 PM 6.201|
|1348 sync via phone (App open, Wifi) = 14.4s||8/14/2021 12:48:27 PM 2.993|