Personal use app

Hi!!
If my app is for personal use, How can I deploy it?
When I deploy it I get that message:
“[Plan upgrade needed — click to fix it!] You should be on the AppSheet Starter secure plan. Please see the [App Info pane] for details.”

0 8 1,791
8 REPLIES 8

Leave it as a prototype

@Daniel_SecodeLucena You should mark the app as for Personal use only. You can find this option in the editor under Info → Properties → App Properties.

Thank you both of you! I left it as a prototype and mark it as Personal use only them!

what’s the purpose of this option ?

thanks

Nick

Hello,

Thank you for providing this feedback. The personal use setting is suppose to allow you to deploy an app without a license, but this setting limits your app user base to 3 users. When testing this myself I experienced the same alert. However, after moving to a deployed state despite the alerts, the system behaved correctly and no alerts appeared on my account.

I will submit a ticket to our engineering team to clarify this alert.

This was pretty much new to know to me. I believe there is no mentions about this on the official documentation.

@Takuya_Miyai

Hi @Nick ,

I have often seen comments that the personal use setting can be used for up to 3 users, but without official documentation, I have not been able to understand how to use it.

My guess is that this was an option that was prepared in the early days of AppSheet to give more power to citizen developers.
I think this was the right choice in the early days.

However, as it becomes part of Google product and is used in many enterprise applications, I would like to see this option redefined.
For example, the Automation schedule seems to work inconsistently with the previous explanation that it is only available for Core plans and above.
Also, the fact that 3User is available as a personal app seems unclear now as to its scope.

Again, I feel that this would have been a great option.
However, in the current stage where the number of new App Creators keeps growing, it could be a source of confusion and inaccurate information.

I hope you will consider this with business team as well as engineering team and give the community an answer.

Thanks

Hello! I am very new to appsheet and I am sorry to bother you, but I would like to clarify regarding personal use of deployed app. Does that mean my dad (his personal gmail) can use the deployed app for personal use if I create the app (using my gmail)? Because I just want to make an app to make his work life easier 😁

Top Labels in this Space