Photo Capture randomly resets capture form

I’m frustrated by something that has started to happen lately. I’m using an iPhone and my app has started acting strange. Sometimes when I capture a new image, the form will reset. As you might imagine this is infuriating. Is this a bug of the app or is there something that I’m missing?

The app didn’t used to do this. Any ideas?

0 12 765
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Ryan_Malham,
Could you please let me know which iOS your phone is running and what’s the AppSheet app version?
Also, would you mind if I take a look in your app?

I have been using iOS 12. As far as I know the AppSheet app is updated to whatever the most current version is. How do I share the access to my app?

You don’t need to share the app. We just need to know your account ID number and app name, that’s enough.

Account: 146602
App: Building Images

Thanks

Thanks @Ryan_Malham,
It seems to be related to running out of memories while adding several photos to one form.
Does it usually happens after the form has already few photos in it?

Anyway, this shouldn’t happen, will investigate further and let you know.

I only have 4 images per capture form. For many months we’ve been successfully capturing without having this issue. It started when I used the app a few weeks ago. It wasn’t always on the same image, but normally whenever it did reset it was on first or second image.

Folks, this relevant to a problem I have. How was this problem resolved?
Thanks
Bob

Hi @Fof_Webmaster,
Are you also using iOS 12?

Yes, using IOS 12. Is there any resolution of this problem that you can share?
Thanks
Bob

I have had similar issues with a form with 5 photos. The App resets when photos are taken. This happens at random, so it is hard to diagnose. 4 users all experiencing the issue - using both Apple and Android devices. Has this been resolved?
Thanks,
SK

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

The photo capture issue was not directly diagnosed or resolved, however, a few things that I can say for anyone else having this issue…

1. This issue was happening in an app with 5 consecutive photos. This issue has not cropped up (that i know of) in other apps with 2 or 3 photos.
  2. The number of rows in the “main” table seems to be partially to blame for this problem. My app had thousands of rows. I was able to make several apps and split the data, which made the problem much less of an issue. After reducing to 300-400 rows, the app would reset maybe once a day for many users, and seems to be resolved completely for others.
  3. Photo size may be a partial remedy, but I was not able to reduce the size for my app to test it.
  4. The diagnostic tool that is included in the app does help to track down slowness - for this and other issues as well.

Appsheet was helpful in attempting to nail down the root cause of the problem and suggested some remedies. There was a suggested roll-out of a fix, but because the app was live and i had many users in the field on a tight time schedule, i passed on this. This fix may have been rolled out into production since my issues first came up.

Top Labels in this Space