Photos failing to display after upload reliably

I have a form with several image columns. I rarely use the app on mobile, mostly on desktop from a browser. I’ve not had any user complaints, and I have not encountered this issue before, but lately when I add a batch of photos to the form, a few may not get “captured” successfully. For example, out of seven I added just now, two did not appear in the detail view after sync. When viewing the detail view, they will show as a grey “caution” icon instead of the photo. If I go back in to edit the form, the column in questions behaves as though something is there, but there is nothing showing, just a blue camera icon with the “clear” option below it. In a really brain-baking quandary, I have a separate app that looks at this data in read-only form. The photos often appear there, but not always. Have I uncovered a bug/glitch? The photos do show up in the google drive storage folder. Here is what the cell data in the spreadsheet looks like:
Level 1_Images/audit_970aed0f71054b3397986135d4358ab3.IMAGE 4_310.203936.180723.jfif

I have all sync functions on the app turned ON except delayed sync, because I cannot trust my users to ensure the app syncs before termination.

1 3 382
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Patrick_Paul,

This might be also related to this issue:

@Arthur_Rallu might be able to help.

Thanks, although it seems like a similar issue, I don’t think it’s the same problem as:
A) I’m not using Android, I’m using web/desktop.
B) Images are in fact going to the drive.

That said, I’m concerned the length of the filename may play into my issue…? Not sure. I suppose my thread name is a bit misleading as I figured out the photos are uploading, they just don’t display reliably.

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space