Pie chart colors! Is there a way to tie spec

Pie chart colors!

Is there a way to tie specific colors to specific values in the pie chart?

Eg, I have a chart showing 3 statuses for a delivery tracking app, Undelivered, Partially delivered and Fully delivered, which Iโ€™d like to color red, yellow and green. I have sorted the colors via drag and drop so the colors match when the chart has all 3 statuses, but all deliveries start undelivered and when thereโ€™s only one value in the chart, the color doesnโ€™t match.

Solved Solved
0 23 2,233
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tony1

@Filipe_Damaso_Saraiv Hmm, this seems like a feature we should add. The behavior Iโ€™d expect is if the Chart Column is an enum, then the chart colors should be aligned with the enum values. But this doesnโ€™t seem to be happening. Adding @Morgan_Dixon_AppShee

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

tony1

@Filipe_Damaso_Saraiv Hmm, this seems like a feature we should add. The behavior Iโ€™d expect is if the Chart Column is an enum, then the chart colors should be aligned with the enum values. But this doesnโ€™t seem to be happening. Adding @Morgan_Dixon_AppShee

I have also tried to have pie charts colors โ€œstickโ€ to specific entries values (like Red = overdue) but they seem to reorder, particularly if you add a new enum value. Would great if you could assign a specific color, and if new enums added, then random assignโ€ฆ

Hey @Mike, from my experience this is now working as expected. So long as you remember to keep the number of colors in the graph the same as the number of options in the enum column, and place the colors in the same order as the enum options, colors match up.

@Filipe - Thanks for the heads up! Will have to go back and give it a try again.

Hi Felipe.

Does this work with enums only?
I have inspection status column which has 4 valid values (I use Valid If expression to limit the values) - โ€œNeeds Inspectionโ€, โ€œRejectedโ€, โ€œAcceptedโ€, โ€œCut Offโ€.
I try to present the situation in a pie chart and I have setup 4 colors in the chart view I created. Gray->Red->Green->Black
I would like Rejected to be always presented as red, and accepted as greenโ€ฆ
Sometimes only all 4 values are available and sometimes less.
The problem is that the colors are being applied based in on the values available so sometimes red will show as red and other times it might show as gray.
Any solution to this?

Hello everyone,

Is there any solution to this problem?

Something similar to what is expressed in these publications happens to me!!

I have a column of type Ref to a table with only three stages of inspection condition, which are "Acceptable", "Moderate", "Substantial"... when presenting this data in a graph

I have the configuration as specified in the publications! But when selecting a specific filter condition it does not respect the colors!! Example: I select "Substantial" in the Dashboard filter and when there is only one stage left, the graph takes the initial color ... in this case Green. When green should represent only "Acceptable"

Msant77s_0-1649522016103.png

Msant77s_1-1649522016110.png

Msant77s_2-1649522016116.png

Can you describe how your table is referenced and relevant column names and types of columns in the parent and child table?

Of course,

I have a "Risk Level" table that only has three values โ€‹โ€‹assigned in the [Risk Level[ column: "Acceptable", "Moderate", "Substantial"

Msant77s_0-1649523999404.png

Then I have tables of different inspections that as a final assessment have the possibility of selecting the state of those machines, equipment or working conditions. Example: In this case, for the "Protection" table, this final assessment is made with a column that refers to the "Risk Level" table.

Msant77s_1-1649523999410.png

Luego tengo un slice a la tabla protecciones para poder emplear en las diferentes vistas de grafico que quiero obtener en un dashboard de esos datos de la tabla Protecciones. El Slices es el siguiente.

Msant77s_2-1649523999421.png

And then with this Slices I make the graphs of the columns that I represent in the panel.

Msant77s_3-1649523999427.png

Please try below. Not tested thoroughly.

Please make the column "Nivel De Riesgo..."in the "Protection"  table as Enum type with base type as Ref and the column's reference table as "Nivel De Riesgo".

Please keep the enum options for this "Nivel Di Riesgo..." in the "Protection"  table as Acceptable", "Moderate", "Substantial".

Please set the appropriate colors for the pie chart view and test.

I have made the changes and the graph continues to behave in the same way

Msant77s_0-1649532159534.png

If you show the column configuration for that ref column, it will help.

Dear, thank you for your response. Here is the column to which the table refers

"protections"

Msant77s_0-1649558880449.png

Thank you. Actually I requested to  show the column setting details of that column in the "Protection" table.

lo siento, aquรญ estรก

Msant77s_1-1649560383085.png

Msant77s_2-1649560423477.png

Msant77s_0-1649560337678.png

As requested please add the below three values in the "Valores" section of this "Nivel Di Riesgo..." column in the "Protection"  table 

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1649560607598.png

ooooh, right..i never understood that part!! now it worked :)))))...thank you very much!!

Msant77s_0-1649561207936.png

If I wanted to change the colors of the histogram graphs: "YES" and "NO"...I can use the same mechanics...

Establish a table that has those two values, reference them and thus be able to configure the color of each chart column?

Msant77s_1-1649561654178.png

Great.  Nice to know, the solution works per your requirement. All the best with your app building.

Regarding histograms, you could test. I am unsure if the approach will work because histogram has any one value at a time against some time scale etc. at a time. As per my understanding, histogram shows only one color at a time currently.

You may wish to see if multiple colors are possible with with the new chart engine that is in beta stage.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/New-Charts-in-AppSheet-applications-in-Preview...

And some community members use external charting services such as Quickchart

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Using-QuickChart-in-your-apps/m-p/255189

Edit: Added some more details to the post.

Thank you very much for your advice! to be able to access these graphs with views of the test phase... how can I do it?? in my editor I can't see this option

Please enable preview new features option.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1649602988968.png

Thank you very much

I've tried and it won't let me change the colors... is there something I'm doing wrong?

Msant77s_0-1649605609720.png

I already managed to activate the colors... I understand that I must put a column to change them... now the following is how I can choose those colors?... I would also like to know if I can change the target click view... before I it sent to the data set of that bar and now it sends me to a detail view.

Clik view now

Msant77s_0-1649606670756.png

Msant77s_1-1649606670763.png

click view before

Msant77s_2-1649606670769.png

Msant77s_3-1649606670775.png

No, that means even new charts do not have multi color histograms.  I think you do not have much options.

Top Labels in this Space