Pin 2 Map points

Rifad
Participant V

I have a table with 2 Address of property. One address is the normal address and the other is closing address related to that in the same row as a different column. I tried a few workarounds and itโ€™s not working. I want to show both locations on the map when I select the property name. As of now, the app is showing all the locations in the table. I used the primary column in the map view as the address and secondary column as the address of closing. But still, its showing the selected location in red pin with all other map pins. I just want to show the address and closing address to be seen in the map view.

Thank you in advance!

0 3 433
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Youโ€™ll need to get a bit crafty. For example, create a Slice that filters to just the single row you wish to see and then have your Map view use that slice for both the Primary and Secondary table, obviously selecting your desired columns.

I have an address coloumn. When i click on map view i am seeing all the map locations in that map. I just wanted single rows address when you select that. I already have a slice to filter out many rows from table. But how to and what expression should i use in slice to show only the address of selected row. I dont want the map in detailed view. The map in detail view is not interactive.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the Map View is not designed to function in the way you wish out of the box. Meaning, it doesnโ€™t provide the capability to filter based on a selected data row. There is a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() function you can use with an Action but it will only filter the Primary data layer not the Secondary data layer.

What you want is doable but youโ€™ll have to build the mechanism to do it. The trick is to provide a data set that contains only the single row of data you wish displayed. There are two ways I can think of doing this. Both of these assume you have a view to select the desired row to be viewed in the map and has the โ€œRow Selectedโ€ or similar behavior to which you can attach a custom action.

1. When a row is selected use an action to set some row value/column indicating it is the selected row. Create a slice to filter based on that set value and then navigate to the map view that is set to use that Slice as both Primary and Secondary. Since there should be only a single row, you will be presented only 2 pins - the โ€œnormalโ€ address as primary and the โ€œclosingโ€ address as secondary (or however you have then set)

2. Use a small single row table with the two address columns as a utility table. When a row is selected, update the utility table with the addresses, then navigate to the map view that uses this utility table as its data source - again setting primary and secondary columns to the same utility data table.

I donโ€™t know of any simpler way to accomplish it. Maybe someone else in the community has some knowledge I donโ€™t.

Top Labels in this Space