Play store user maintenance

Hello, I have an app I hope to roll out on the app store to address a problem I’m having with some clients. There won’t be too many users: 1-2 dozen. The app requires Pro-level registration.
The intent of rolling it out on the play store is to let the users pay their own way: I’m not trying to make or lose money on this venture.
I intend to create a subscription to the app, maybe $20, to cover the cost of them as a user and the cost of app store fees. Honestly, if I could do it in some way that assured that I neither made or lost a penny that would be much better, but I haven’t figured it out.
I find myself with two questions:

1. Is there any way that their subscription automagically registers with them the app as a user? I guess I just have to track my user count manually, and keep the payments to Appsheet aligned? It seems like sort of an incredible hassle…
  2. There’s another question that came up here: the fact that I’m going to register users with emails, but if they use a different oauth service (maybe incorrectly worded), they will be counted as multiple users. Is there any way to address that, including possibly not allowing some oauth services?
    Thank you for your insights and help.
0 1 342
1 REPLY 1

The AWS Cognito would be ideal in your case, though it would need business plan. Then you would not need to deal with the Whitelist in your app. Otherwise there is no other way than handling user’s emails directly with the Whitelist.

If your user’s email address is wrongly typed or the provider is different, it woun’t counted as a user because they can’t open the app if your app needs autentication.

Top Labels in this Space