Please help. I have a Table named Task whic...

Please help.

I have a Table named Task which has columns " Task ID", “Task Description” …etc. I have entered some Task Description while running the app and some Task Descriptions are copied from excel sheet.So the sheet shows some Task Description having Task ID generated, while some dont have a task ID generated. My difficulty is that I cant see the Task Description of the rows for which Task ID is not generated.

How can I resolve this?

0 11 349
11 REPLIES 11

@Taran_Bhagat,Could you please mention if

[Task ID] is key of the table? Also when you mention task descriptions are copied from Excel sheet , do you mean those were copied directly at the back end spreadsheet? And you are not able to see those task descriptions in the app where Task ID is not assigned.

If [Task ID] is key of your table Task, then I believe you will need to add unique task id to those rows where you have task Id missing but task description uploaded in the back end spreadsheet.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar How to add unique task ID? I want to do that.

@Aleksi_Alkio OK. Thanks

Translate

@Taran_Bhagat Enter UNIQUEID() as the initial value

@Michael I did but I dont see anymore UNIQUEID() generated against the rows which earlier had no IDs. What do I do now?

@Taran_Bhagat,

Could you mention how your table used to generate key earlier? And are keys missing in handful of rows or

many rows?

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Keys missing in many rows.You may access Smart-Monitor SmartMonitor1-213475

My table link docs.google.com - project1 project1 docs.google.com

@Taran_Bhagat You have set the column type to number. Change it to text and it should work.

@Aleksi_Alkio Changed to text but the earlier copied rows dont show Task ID. I want all rows of the task table to have Task IDs

You need to add them manually because initial value will work only when you add a new record.

Top Labels in this Space