Please help - would like to move image Gsheet and image folder locations

Hi, I am trying to move the data source for my app. I decided to try moving the image storage folder locations first (both for images captured in my app and the static images such as splash screen) and all the images in the app stopped working. I was hoping AppSheet accessed the folders using googleโ€™s unique ID (which stays the same even when you rename a file) but maybe it doesnโ€™t.

How can I move the image storage locations please? I simply want to put them all in a folder called โ€œappsheet_imagesโ€ or similar.
Thanks!

0 3 998
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

If you are using AppSheet with Google sheets, the URL for images will be โ€œrelative.โ€ If you change the location of the folder holding the files, that will break your links. But, you can fix that. You have to figure out what the complete URL should be and repair all of the URLs in your sheet accordingly.

There may be another way to fix this, but Iโ€™ve done what Iโ€™ve just described in my app.

@Kirk_Masden

Go information pane, and then Property tab.

By default, it display the relative path to your app folder for image .
After you move the folders somewhere else, you just modify this relative path so that Appsheet to start to read the image from the new location.

Try.

how can i put the path for a folder that it shared with me? or to an external drive if I have another

Top Labels in this Space