Plz give me idea how to do this? barcode capture data and make list from it

g

0 5 1,017
5 REPLIES 5

Your request is very general so not a lot to work with. Maybe take a look at this example?

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/An-app-that-repeatedly-scans-barcodes?appGuidString=42fd12f1-16db-4...

Sir I already build app like you send it make barcode database but how can make list of products when I scan barcode with ref to barcode database just scan barcode and product name automatically appear and added to new list like retail store makes bill or selling list

I think you need two tables/spreadsheets:

• One with the list of barcodes (plus other data like Name, pictures, descriptions, etc.) that you captured โ€“ letโ€™s all that โ€œBarcodesโ€. The column with the actual barcode should be set as the Key column. The more human-friendly column should be set as the Display column (like Name).
  • One with the list of items being checked out or sold to someone (I think thatโ€™s your example) โ€“ letโ€™s call this โ€œOrder Itemsโ€. It will have a column that captures the barcode, and at least one other column that makes this unique such as โ€œCustomerโ€ and โ€œOrder Dateโ€. Then set all the columns that make the row unique to Key. AppSheet will generate a Computed Key for you.

Now, to make the barcode searchable, in Order Items set the barcode column type to โ€œRefโ€. In the attributes of that column, set the table reference to Barcodes. Also set the Order Item.barcode column to Searchable.

Now when you add a new Order Item, it will know the barcode refers to the Barcodes table; and because you set the Name as the display column, when you find the barcode it will actually display the Name.

I hope that helps.

Yes as @Douglas_Thom says, a second table with product descriptions will be needed, and REF column set up the link the two. You can take a look at some demo examples here:

https://www.appsheet.com/support?q=barcode&hPP=10&idx=help&p=0&dFR[doc_type][0]=Apps&is_v=1

thanks @ Douglas_Thom works well

Top Labels in this Space