Populate a second table based on form input and reference data

Hi Community,

Good day, I would like to ask assistance on how I can do the function described below.

Example:

I have a form where I can input NAME and select a desired COURSE.

Name: Juan dela Cruz
Course: IT

After I save the form, a second table “MySubjects” needs to be populated automatically. I have two reference tables.

CoursesReference - contain the list of courses that can be selected in the form SubjectsReference - contains the subjects that should be assigned to the person depending on the course he chose.

I have attached a screenshot on how I envision the tables.

I believe this kind of function is possible by performing a group of Actions.
I am still new to Appsheet so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 5 934
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @Steve,

I was able to achieve the workflow from this FAQ.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You’ll need to create an Automation bot which looks for these new rows being created. Then you’ll need to cerate an action to “execute an action on a set of rows” to look at the CoursesReference table. This will then call an “add a new row to another table using data from this table” action to create the rows.

To make it easier, I’d strongly suggest merging the CoursesReference and SubjectsReference tables.

I don’t think you’ll need to MySubjects table at all if your users are going to have a login. You can just create a slice using UserEmail()

Hi @1minManager ,

I am already able to select the data which I need to write on the second table but I cannot formulate the action to write the result.

This is the action I have

This is the result of the action

You need another action of type = “execute an action on a set of rows” The action above would then call this new action

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks @Steve,

I was able to achieve the workflow from this FAQ.

Top Labels in this Space