Populate Initial Value of a Linked View

Hi everyone!

• I’m currently using the Workout Log sample app.
    • In it’s current format, in order to log an exercise, the user has to go to a separate view (“Record exercise”), and then choose an exercise from the drop-down list.
    • What I would like to be able to do is: have the user select a specific exercise in the Exercise view and go into it’s Details, then from there record/log the exercise (with that exercise being the initial/default value from the drop-down list. The user should still be able to change the exercise if they wanted to).

What expression would you use? And how do you reference the current Exercise as the initial/default value?

Sorry I am very new to the platform and have no coding experience. Thanks everyone in advance!

Best regards,
Trum

Solved Solved
0 2 139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Austin
Participant V

So you want a list of exercises that you click to add your sets for that exercise? You would make a reference from the log table to the exercises table. it will add a related logs to your exercise detail page like this-
3X_8_7_8728fe7ced38ec5901fc3294dbd9adddc7777b6a.png
If you allow adds then there will be an add button beside the view button.

It should automatically fill the exercise into the log row but if not you can look in the link to form doc to learn how to do that manually.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Austin
Participant V

So you want a list of exercises that you click to add your sets for that exercise? You would make a reference from the log table to the exercises table. it will add a related logs to your exercise detail page like this-
3X_8_7_8728fe7ced38ec5901fc3294dbd9adddc7777b6a.png
If you allow adds then there will be an add button beside the view button.

It should automatically fill the exercise into the log row but if not you can look in the link to form doc to learn how to do that manually.

Thank you so much, Austin!! This was exactly what I was looking for

Top Labels in this Space