[RESOLVED] AUG 19TH - Possible outage

This thread is for monitoring issues related to O365:

1. Some general problem on our system started around 8:15AM our time and lasted for about 50 mins. The issue is not ongoing.
  2. We are investigating a separate O365 issue at this time.

Hi everyone,

We’re currently investigating a possible outage impacting access tokens. Please post your questions, status, feedback, etc on this thread for updates.

We’ll post information as soon as it becomes available.

5 54 1,948
54 REPLIES 54

Would this cause the error codes below?

3X_d_a_da34936dd6fb91991e6249f5562b6cb0effbc599.png
3X_d_4_d4e308cb67743d6e2e5940062792b237ed23378f.jpeg

@Daisy_Ramirez looking into it now

the first picture not likely, I get those all the time from users.

@Daisy_Ramirez yes I believe if you were seeing this suddenly this morning (in the last couple of hours), it is related to the same issue.

We should have a fix coming in the next couple of hours that mitigates the “access token lock” issue.

Independently, it does look like Office365 has some issues we are trying to track down with Microsoft.

Got it. This client was using Google Sheets - did the issue occur with Google users as well?

Yes, one issue for sure. This is what we are trying to mitigate. Will send a more detailed update a little later with an explanation.

Thanks Praveen, will communicate locally to clients.

I appreciate the immediate communications .

Starting about now, we should have addressed these issues related to general sync delays/timeouts.

If anyone is still seeing these issues, please let us know.

We are still tryng to find out more about Office365-specific issues.

No error message but I deleted records in the editor app pane and it took an unusually long time for the transactions to process. Google Sheets back end.

Dev_TI
Participant II

Hello,
I’m using with Google Sheets and I’m having the same problem

Similar issue
Backend google sheets

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @praveen @Aleksi
I am using Google sheets and my changes are not syncing.

Hi @praveen having same issue as @Chinmay_Gheewala

Yes. I am having similar issue (service unavailable). I am having issue creating reports.

https://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=status

G Suite service seems to be down for some part?

Thanks for this info. I made some testings and everything is working fine. As Koichi mentioned, this is probably affecting us as well.

People in the comunity is basically askin same question through the new thread. I suggest you PIN this thread to the top of the community page. @Aleksi

This is another issue so I decided to pin another post.

Thanks, Aleksi.

It is 9am in the UK and the issues have started again with Apps that are crucial to our business processes.

3X_f_a_fa43eb690959a5f60536c0051c3dcd5a4a0f3e04.jpeg

any more update please on these slow sync/timeout issues? We are on MS365

@Martina we’re investigating now. We’ll post an update as soon as we have something available.

Any update…?

ranorga
Participant V

Hi AppSheet Team:
The apps of our clients based on Microsoft Office 365 are not working. Please help us.

O365 user… App taking very long to sync, then times out… Haven’t had a successful sync since last night…

3X_7_f_7f5b215187803ff8884df26b38a3c71d09632749.png

Same timeout issues again this morning!
Our Apps which we rely heavily on have not been working all week. Support say they are working on the issue.

It’s 7:30am here and our users are going to come to work shortly to another day of not being able to get their work done and management are very frustrated.

My Clients are reporting the same timeout issues, would appsheet be able to provide us with an update, so we can feedback to our clients with a timeframe etc for when will be rectified? Thank You

We will update you soon what the status is.

ranorga
Participant V

The problem continues…

Same Problem here

Hi everyone,

We are trying to work with Microsoft for answers but it is a slow process right now. As soon as we have additional information, we will post an update. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a resolution soon.

Hi Jennifer are there any updates on the issue with O365?

Hi Daisy,

I haven’t received any news just yet.

We have multiple people on our side trying to investigate. From what we can tell, this seems to be an intermittent problem occurring with syncs to Office365 — “intermittent” as in two or three syncs work fine and fast, and then one is incredibly slow.
From customer reports, it seems as though it is affecting more people in Europe than in North America.
We did get a response from a Microsoft person who is offering to help us investigate. So cautiously optimistic.

I know it is very frustrating and impacting work. Unfortunately, that’s all we have for now. We are continuing to work on it through the weekend.

To ensure the continuity of the production app, I suggest all the people who are affected this is to copy your app to Google sheet and switch the production app to new one as preliminary counter measure. Once the issue corrected, switch them back to original one where the data reside on online Excel, but all at own risk…

We’ve just made some changes to lower the possibility of timeouts.

Could you please let us know if your Office365 apps are back to functioning as they were before this week (i.e. without any abnormal sync issues). Thanks

Hi @praveen,

O365… UK… Just tested with 10 consecutive syncs… No problems… If anything, it seems the syncs are quicker than before…? Is that possible…? Many thanks…

Thanks for update. All Apps appear to be syncing now but won’t know for sure until all our users start updating Apps on Monday morning