Possible to build a POS system in Appsheet if motivated :)?

Hello all. I’d love to be able to create a POS system for restaurants in Appsheet. As far I can tell the only functions I’m unsure of would be communicating with receipt printers and cash drawers. In terms of payment processing, using Stripe would seem easy enough. As would integrating with an online store built with Webflow.

Am I missing anything here? Can a POS system be built in Appsheet?

1 11 2,215
11 REPLIES 11

You could definitely do it.

3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

And in regards to communicating with printers, if you search the community you’ll find people have been tackling that problem for years - there’s bound to be a solution that works for you.

Dude you’re giving me hope!

Do you know of anyone who has built one so far?

I’m pretty sure @LeventK has

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Love to see what you come up with.

Hey, this is something that Stripe just released that may allow you to properly and naturally process payments initiated in an AppSheet app.

I vaguely remember talking to people years ago, like 3 or 4 - but no one recently.

Maybe someone will chime in…

Theoretically, you could rig something up. Is AppSheet the right solution for Point of Sale?? Not in my opinion.

If you want to build a custom Point of Sale, you should look into tools that can support two-way client-side API communication. This is not currently a feature that is exposed in AppSheet.

super cool thank you Stefan!!! Lets hope he chimes in

Bahbus

I’ve built something close. Minus taking payments. Auto-adjusts prices for applicable items when a time based sale starts/ends, holds a cart, shows a subtotal not including tax, sends it through a Discord webhook so the person at the register can ring it up. Could you set it up to bring up some sort of secure payment portal like Paypal or such? Probably. Is it worth the effort over using something like Square for the payments? I’d say not really.

yeah there are some features i’d like to see but it is probably a ton of work you’re right

i’d have to be able to justify some ongoing cost savings in fees but i wonder how much of a difference it would be

Hi! I would like to create a solution for a chain store with 20 fashion stores. Is there a reference where someone has already implemented a POS system with AppSheet?

Top Labels in this Space