Possible to force a qr code scan of ref list

Jonathan_S
Participant V

Hi All,

Is it possible to force a scan of a QR code apposed to allowing user selection?
Type is a Scannable ref. As of right now users can still select a different machine without scanning the machine itself, we would like to eliminate this.

See image.

Solved Solved
1 3 354
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MultiTech
Participant V

I know of no way you could force this type of functionality.

You can make the scanner appear right away, then you could hide the field after itโ€™s got a valueโ€ฆ but if they canceled the scanner, theyโ€™d be able to select anything like normal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MultiTech
Participant V

I know of no way you could force this type of functionality.

You can make the scanner appear right away, then you could hide the field after itโ€™s got a valueโ€ฆ but if they canceled the scanner, theyโ€™d be able to select anything like normal.

hmm, yeah I have advance forms automatically right now, ok thanks.
I think Ill have to make a separate empty text column just for scanning, than hide the field once it has been populated if it is valid and show this once based on that one. still an incentive to scan instead off type the machine QR code.

Today I was looking for something similar to what you asked, after trying for a while I discovered the following, in my case I have a form, where I ask to enter the serial number, but only that allows entry by scanning, what I did is the following:

1. Show only the field to be scanned

3X_a_1_a1631c2ef53dfa57340ab878e5622551841de835.png
2. Once you capture it, hide it and show all others

1. Disable the option โ€œAllow scan input overrideโ€

3X_4_a_4a3feabaaf979b0fc10e0c1732d32a885d145f10.png

and thatโ€™s it, so they canโ€™t see the other values โ€‹โ€‹of the drop-down

I hope it helps you!

Top Labels in this Space