Possible to save attachments in OneDrive data source when app owner is Gmail?

I know you can connect multiple data sources and use sheets from different providers, but what about mixing up the attachment archive folder?

The Workflow/Report attachment path is relative to the default app folder, so you can only work within that root directory.
2X_6_6758eae09180f42179bf9ee2d12f45a5a66b509c.png

And the appโ€™s default app folder seems to also be limited to the data source that app owner uses to log in.
2X_b_b137a245944b89dc5e9875cefaa5deb97a129390.png

My app owner logs in with Gmail, but I want to save attachments in a OneDrive folder. The OneDrive account has been added as a data source, but it seems that feature is limited to where sheets and email templates are stored-- but not the actual PDFs produced by the templates!
2X_a_a31117093524ee8dc3d6e56c9e3a127677bbf2cc.png

Does anyone know if this is possible using native AppSheet features? I have some other ideas involving GAS, Microsoft Flow or Zappier. Just want to make sure Iโ€™m not missing some built-in way to do this in AppSheet.

@Aleksi, @Steve, @LeventK, @MultiTech_Visions, @Fabian, any ideas?

Solved Solved
0 15 1,450
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately thatโ€™s correct, you can save files only to your main data source at this moment.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Unfortunately thatโ€™s correct, you can save files only to your main data source at this moment.

Bummer. Thanks for confirming, though.

I think Iโ€™m just going to cc an Office365 email and use MS Flow to save attachments to OneDrive.

Hi Aleksi
Apologies if this is the wrong train to comment like this on, please feel free to redirect where applicable.
I have an app based on SmartSheet data. I have my word templates in Google Drive and the attachments generated by reports from these templates are saved nicely in the Google Drive folder.
My company is moving away from Google Drive and onto One Drive.
Iโ€™ve tried to set up the same send and archive routines using OneDrive and itโ€™s not working. The emails are being sent, but not saved.
How do I set that up properly? Are there and โ€˜gotchasโ€™ for OneDrive that isnโ€™t there for Google Drive?
Many thanks
Martina

Hi Aleski. Is this still true?

If my main data source is a GSheet in Google Drive, am I able to add a OneDrive account simply to store PDF attachments and photos in that are generated by the app?

I am trying to avoid switching fully to Office365 due to some of the app functionality issues associated with running the apps through Microsoft. Unless those no longer exist either??

As always, thanks for your help.

Nope.

Thanks for the confirmation, Steve.

Any update relating to using OneDrive and Excel as the main data source? The main issue I came across on Appsheetโ€™s support article is that if any linked excel spreadsheet is open anywhere, the app will not be usable until it is closed. If this is correct, is it likely to remain this way for the foreseeable future?

This is not an issue for me at this time. I just want to make sure my information is correct.

To the best of my knowledge, your understanding is correct. I am unaware of any impending change to that.

Hello Steve,
My apps data source are from the onedrive, but my appsheet login is a google account, i have my workflow attachments saved to the default google drive folder, but when i try to open from the app it says the file path may have been moved, deleted or changed, is it possible to change my workflow attachment file path to a onedrive folder and be able to view the file from the app, or is there a reason or another fix to why it says file path may have been moved or deleted

No, as I already said.

Perhaps because the file doesnโ€™t exist within the path you supplied?

The file exists in the file path specified
3X_3_5_353694c28961f84841956811527dd7b4ef7cbb21.jpeg
Above is the file path on the data source
3X_5_3_530cc443380ea1ed642b414662346fca29050a56.png
Above is the file in that path on my google drive

How are you trying to open the file from the app?

I have a file column with the source

Then i have an automated document creation for the file that creates the file and sets the value for that column

3X_9_f_9f2bd41ecc32652dc1fd6594980e3072e53479c4.png
Then i have an open an external file action on the app

It sounds your main account is still Google, correct?

Hi Aleksi
Apologies. I only saw your reply now. No, the main account is now Office365 and the company is closing all access to the google account soon.
Many thanks
Martina

Top Labels in this Space