Possible to use Usersettings to save a Signature?

Is it possible to use Usersettings to store an users personal signature?

I wish to create an inspection form for users to fill, and with a click or upon saving, the signature will automatically be shown and saved.

I tried to change one of the usersettings field to Signature. When I test the app and tried saving a signature, I went back to usersettings to check but only found that all inputted usersettings were gone for some reason.

0 9 538
9 REPLIES 9

Iโ€™m afraid itโ€™s not possible at this moment. It will be in a future but we donโ€™t have any timeline for that yet.

Having same issue - creating a table to store uintil this is resolvedโ€ฆthanks, matt

Saving the user config is important. I have to let the user to set his country/language but canโ€™t save it. Now I have to create all the plumbing for this.

What do you mean by this?

In the App designer, there is a built-in table for user settings (I didnโ€™t change the columns, they were there) :

Use can access it via Settings and can select his language:

There is save button. But when user goes back i.e. another session, it is not selected anymore.

Iโ€™m curious what you mean by, โ€œanother sessionโ€. User settings only persist for the same user on the same device; if a different user logs into the app on the same device, or if the user uses a different device, the user settings will not persist. Might this explain the behavior youโ€™re getting?

Crete the app user table and fields to store users signature so that the same field can be used in anywhere you want, using deref technique.

Hi again,

Another session = log out/log in from the app. Iโ€™m testing on my phone. The app detects Iโ€™m French-Canadian on my phone (i.e. I use USERLOCALE())). But if I use the settings of the App (upper screen shot), I select English and save it. Every thing now works in English until I log out/log in again. When I go back in settings, no language is selected and I"m back to French.

Iโ€™m unsure if this related to the โ€˜free planโ€™ Iโ€™m using to evaluate Appsheet.

Not a big deal on a personal phone. But annoying for web browser in Quรฉbec, Canada. People&corporation here have a tendency to mix & match their OS & software with both French & English Canadian.

Thanks for your help.

PS Annuler = Cancel, Sauver = Save

Yep, thatโ€™s the problem. Every logout/login cycle will reset the user settings.

It is unrelated.

Top Labels in this Space