Presentation of text in a form view

Hi I am using the expression below in the AppFormula of a VC (Long Text Type). However it will return 3 rows of data. Is there a way that I can present each row on a new line in the Long Text Area?

Is this what the INDEX() expression is used for?

Any help would be great, thank you.

SELECT(Create Works Order[Description],AND([Date]=[_THISROW].[Date],[Cylinder]=[_THISROW].[Cylinder 1],[AM/PM]=[_THISROW].[Cylinder 1 AM/PM]))

0 4 330
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @MauriceWhelan,

Presume you mean three records when you mentioned three rows.

If so, I belive you could use SUBSTITUTE() function. Please explore if an expression something like below helps to split the list into three lines.

SUBSTITUTE(SELECT(Create Works Order[Description],AND([Date]=[_THISROW].[Date],[Cylinder]=[_THISROW].[Cylinder 1],[AM/PM]=[_THISROW].[Cylinder 1 AM/PM])) , " , " , "
")

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar. Your suggestion worked perfectly. Many thanks.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Can I just ask what addition I can make to the expression to remove duplicate record values being returned?

Hi @MauriceWhelan, Please try wrapping the list expression (SELECT expression) with the recently introduced UNIQUE() function.

Something like UNIQUE(SELECT(Create Works Order[Description],AND([Date]=[_THISROW].[Date],[Cylinder]=[_THISROW].[Cylinder 1],[AM/PM]=[_THISROW].[Cylinder 1 AM/PM])))

Top Labels in this Space