Preview App as: Desktop

I would like to be able to “preview app as” another email address in a desktop browser. Right now it only works for mobile and tablet mode. Desktop mode would be nice as all of my apps are primarily designed for desktop use.

Status Open
19 7 805
7 Comments
MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

I have often dreamed about being able to link a chrome tab to my AppSheet editor - so I could experience the app preview, but with a full-screen tab experience instead.

You got my vo…

3X_d_0_d0d8616ead7581857d877fba2f4c55579262048d.png

JPAlpano
Silver 4
Silver 4

I think this feature is already available.
3X_d_3_d35672fe52941e9e82f853c0997ab4d3545bf4bd.png

Brady_Lovell
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

When you click that the app will open in a new tab and you can preview it, but only as USEREMAIL() and no other user’s email, which is what’s needed. I’ve been needing this feature for 3+ years now. Would be greatly beneficial for those of us who primarily design for desktop use.

takuya_miyai
Silver 5
Silver 5

Hi everyone,

I think this is a feature request that should be considered again, so I will leave a comment.
If you are a member of the old community and have lost your Vote, please Like us if you feel it is necessary.🤗

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

JPAlpano
Silver 4
Silver 4

Any news about this?  When preview is opened in new tab, it still does not follow the Preview App As instructions.

takuya_miyai
Silver 5
Silver 5

@Arthur_Rallu 

I believe that this feature request will be requested more and more when New desktop is GA.
I would appreciate it if you would consider implementing this feature request again for the sake of greater use of New desktop.🙏