Previous View Action Gone?

Did the “Return To Previous View” action just disappear? or am I just crazy? My app suddenly quit returning to the previous view, and just dumps out to a different view all of the sudden. When I went to look at the action, “Return to previous view” isn’t even on the list. Now, selected is “go to another view within this app”, with a LINKTOPARENTVIEW() which isn’t doing what I need it to… Anybody else experiencing this?

0 8 351
8 REPLIES 8

I am not seeing the “Return to previous view” option any longer either.

What is the function doing?

@Brandt_Litton You are correct. The “Return to Previous View” action type was replaced with a LINKTOPARENTVIEW() expression function, which can be used from a “Go to another view within this app” to achieve the same functionality. We automatically migrated all users to use the new function.

See July 19, 2021 for more info.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and would be happy to help. Could you elaborate on the behavior you are experiencing and how that differs from what you expect?

Hi @wabrian the LINKTOPARENTVIEW() is still missing in the Examples.

Not sure why we see the difference (possibly account type?)
On our account, we see linktoparentview()

Oh man that’s embarrassing. Sorry for that.
On my tablet I scroll down the Examples and cannot find it.
I would have to scroll down also the outer scroll to get to LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW and LINKTOPARENTVIEW.
On PC this is more easy to understand.

I dont have any tablet with me, so not sure how the appsheet editor will show us.
you are looking like a hide and seek games… on tablet with Appsheet…

It’s a small Windows Tablet (Galaxy Book 10.6 LTE SM-W627).
Usually it’s okay for AppSheet. If you know where to find things

In my family, only wife has tablet, but only for Netflix (for Korean drama)… I have nil experience with Appsheet edior and tablet, sorry!

Top Labels in this Space