Print a workflow report to a bluetooth printer from Appsheet apps

Hi to the great Appsheet community,
could someone tell me if it is already possible to print a workflow report to a bluetooth printer from Appsheet apps?

1 Like

Hi Guy,

To my understanding the technical answer is no unless you can make something work via an API.

I have started some correspondence with www.papercut.com who seem to have great reviews I’ll certainly keep in touch and post something if I am successful @Guy_Merlin_Dyangnou

Thank you very much @Ethan_U , for this feedback I believe it is a solution way to be explored.
In the meantime, let’s keep in touch the time to observe the potential of papercut’solution

Hello @Guy_Merlin_Dyangnou I spoke with Papercut yesteday and it doesn’t look to me like a solution.

However I may be wrong perhaps you’d like to take a look also. I’m going to check out printnode next to see what’s possible. They also seem promising. Remote Printing for Web Apps | PrintNode

1 Like

Yes indeed @Ethan_U , I went through the papercut’solution it did not seem as obvious to me as printnode, which offers the possibility with Webhook / API linkage.
Fortunately, you have a good head start and i’m sure that the solution is not far away.
Thanks

haha I am committed to success with this! I will discover a solution and post to the community!

3 Likes

@Marc_Dillon how’s it going man. Have you been enjoying printnode as a service for your apps?

I haven’t seen anything else much like it so far. I’m chatting with them Thursday for a demo but would love your opinion since it’s been a few months since you started with them. Not many reviews online that I can see.

1 Like

:joy:

Seems PrintNode is a JSON API solution that can process HTTP Requests. How about using an Appsheet Webhook in a Workflow rule. No idea how. Maybe try and see if this works

1 Like

I’ve actually only used it on one project. For that project it worked great. It was a great “set it and forget”.

It does require some local machine that is constantly connected to the printer, as well as the internet. If you can meet those requirements, then I highly recommend it.

3 Likes

@MultiTech_Visions quite an endorsement!

1 Like

Please beware of the Malware in the PrintNode download file I tried on the 17th March. My Antivirus picked it up

1 Like

Thanks @Henry_Scott, I was wondering about the company having so few reviews. So they may not be legitimate?

Not necessarily. Contact them and let them know that their Download has been compromised

1 Like

@Ethan_U I have contacted support@printnode.com to tell them that their Download contains Malware. Will wait for their response

@Ethan_U I also picked up that PrintNode download had this issue before. See this link. PrintNode, printing and shipping software - File Detections - Malwarebytes Forums