Private tables - further question

My idea for a new app involves a manager who then shares the app with several staff. The manager does most of the data entry and staff generally use to “mark as done” or similar.
If I make all the tables private, when I make it publicly available, will the purchaser (manager) be able to share with the staff? Each staff would have own log in, but data is shared, and stored in managers account.
In order to share to staff, would the manager use the Share App on the menu?

0 9 575
9 REPLIES 9

Have you read this article how private table works? For me it sounds that it’s not a solution that would work for you in this case. https://help.appsheet.com/articles/962049-private-tables

I will read it again… But do you have any suggestions? If the manager shared the app but didn’t require sign in would that work do you think?

Now it won’t work because private tables needs authentication.

Oh, of course. Thank you

And remember… app creator can’t see private table’s data either.

So its not possible to make and market an app that the purchaser can allow staff to use? Each purchaser with own data?

Not sure if this will work for you. You can have a table with managers and their employees and use security filters so that each manager can only see his own employees’ data. All data will be in the same sheet and you will need two columns in every table to contain the manager and employee emails.

Thank you Bellave_Jayaram - my intention was to market the app so having one data store wouldn’t suit this particular use. I will make a Feature request! Thank you for you suggestion.

You need to use authentication because the app needs to create a separate spreadsheet into user’s account. It’s identical and nobody else have access to it… not even App creator.

Top Labels in this Space