Problem: App becomes unresponsive. We launch...

Problem: App becomes unresponsive.

We launched the app a couple of weeks ago and it’s working great. It’s used by our ferry crew to log boardings to our ferry, calculate fares ((lots of special cases), etc.

We have noticed an occasional problem though.

The app is running on an iPad with the latest iOS. The iPad is kept online. We don’t have automatic sync: the crew syncs manually, and that’s been working fine. However, once in a while the entry form becomes unresponsive: tapping on the + button to add a new record doesn’t do anything, and the only workaround is to close the app and restart it.

So, my question: does the app normally do anything in the background other than automatic syncs (which we don’t use)? We’re in an area of spotty connectivity, so maybe we should work offline and just connect a couple of times a day to sync?

I know that this sort of glitch is close to impossible to reproduce, but I’d love to know if the app is doing anything using the internet connection in the background (when connected).

0 2 337
2 REPLIES 2

tony1

+Charlie Wells Could you email this question to support@appsheet.com and provide the app name and user account that this is happening with? Thank you.

@tony done! Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space