Problem logging in to appshet with google advanced protection program

Is it possible to login to appsheet if the account has google advanced protection program? It returns error 400: Policy Enforced.

3X_d_4_d4b96446a55a788e5811d673ab9c296d6faad975.png

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
1 7 1,001
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I asked about this internally. Apparently, AppSheet is not yet integrated enough into Google proper for this to work, but that integration is expected within the next few months, as I understand it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I asked about this internally. Apparently, AppSheet is not yet integrated enough into Google proper for this to work, but that integration is expected within the next few months, as I understand it.

Hey all,

I figured out a workaround as I found myself in the same boat as all of you.

The scopes shown in the error with the client ID can be added in the Admin Console under domain-wide delegation: https://admin.google.com/ac/owl/domainwidedelegation

After adding the client ID and scopes I no longer had an issue.

Since I am a new user on this board I am unable to provide all the scopes since they count as URLs and I am limited to 2, Iโ€™d encourage you all to trigger the authorization error again to grab them, please note one scope is not a URL and comes second and needs to be added separately and is โ€œopenidโ€ and comes immedietly after https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile but it is not to be in the same line. Hope this helps someone out there.

this should be considered the solution - it worked for me also !

Google has not yet validated appsheet.com to work with Advanced Protection accounts

Agree that this should be considered the solution! Worked perfectly.

V-A
Silver 1
Silver 1

Following-up to @Steve's comment, can anyone confirm whether AppSheet is now fully integrated with Google to not require the workaround @dillyn posted above?

Doesn't appear to be, since as of today encountered the same error. Workaround is quick to implement and works perfectly.

The workaround works though it partly defeats the purpose of enrolling in the Advanced Protection Program (APP) as it leaves a security hole.

Google Workspace's (of which the APP is a part) latest Service Specific Terms as of 2023 May 31 were modified to include AppSheet (Section 11 in the Terms).  That suggested that AppSheet had been fully-integrated though it seems that still isn't the case.

Top Labels in this Space