Problem: Spreadsheet Formula Doesn't Appear

When I regenerate the column structure, my spreadsheet formulas are not showing up.

My formulas are filled to every row in the columns they are in so I feel like the editor should be recognizing them.

Itโ€™s also not removing spreadsheet formulas in Appsheet that have been removed from the spreadsheet.

0 21 1,800
21 REPLIES 21

Have you tried to first clear that column from any sheet formulas and then regenerate the column structure?

I have cleared both the spreadsheet formula in Appsheet and the actual formula in the Excel spreadsheet.

Then regenerated the structure to clear everything.

Then added the formula back to the spreadsheet.

Then regenerated again expecting the formula to show up.

No luck.

I should add, this has worked for me many times in the past.

When you cleared the formula and regenerated the column structure, did it clear the formula from the app?

It did not. I had to clear the sheet formula from Appsheet manually.

What is your sheet formula?

There are four sheet formulas that arenโ€™t coming in:

=IFERROR(SUMIF(Molding!G:G,E2,Molding!L:L),0)

=W2-X2

=IF(OR(E2=โ€œNAโ€,E2=โ€œN/Aโ€,E2="",E2=0),"",SUMIFS(โ€˜Shipping Logโ€™!F:F,โ€˜Shipping Logโ€™!C:C,E2,โ€˜Shipping Logโ€™!L:L,โ€œYโ€))

=IF(K2=TRUE,VLOOKUP(L2,E:CI,83,FALSE),IF(OR(AC2>=N2,CH2=โ€œTRUEโ€,CH2=TRUE),TRUE,FALSE))

You have checked that the spreadsheet is correct?

I meanโ€ฆ that tableโ€™s option Shared? is set as ON?

Share settings look like this:

Iโ€™ve never had to mess with it before and I can add/delete/update records with my app no problem.

I think maybe Iโ€™m missing something.

I mean option that you can find from tableโ€™s definition (from the app).

2X_4_4768380481d3f3ccb4c756314e5bc7415687841e.png

Okay then thatโ€™s not the reason either.

How many records do you have in that table? Drag & drop the formula for all records and then regenerate again.

I have ~1800 records.

The formulas had been autofilled for each entire column previously.

I went ahead and manually drag filled each each formula down their columns and regenerated with no positive results.

@Phil Any thoughts?

Typically this occurs when the formulas within a column are not all identical.
Are you seeing any warnings after you do the regenerate? The formula conflicts are normally listed.

If that does not work I can debug the problem if you provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The application name
  3. The table name
  4. Your permission to do one or more regenerates for that table.

I may need to repeat this process several times in the debugger to find the problem.
That could take a few hours.

Ike
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

So what was the fix for this issue. I am having a similar problem. My spreadsheet formula works fine within the spreadsheet but doesn't work within the app. I have tried dragging the formula through all the rows in the column then regenerating. When I do this it regenerates properly but the first time I try to sync I get this failure.  

Ike_0-1658939332840.png

When I go back the spreadsheet it has added the row multiple times but the formulas haven't been added to the new rows.

AppSheet does not support all spreadsheet functions. It's possible your formulas use functions that AppSheet doesn't handle.

If this is the case is there a list of formulas which are supported and which are not?

There is no such list to my knowledge.

Top Labels in this Space